Translate

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Edmund and Mary S. Sheron

This week, I thought I would focus on a family about which I know relatively little. Edmund Sheron, my husband's third great-grandfather, was born about 1835 in North Carolina. He married Mary Self on 7 July 1861.
Clipping from the Guilford County Marriage Records
They had at least the following children:
  • Sarah Sheron
  • Elizabeth Sheron
  • William Henry Sheron
  • Nancy Sheron
  • Charles Wheeler Sheron
I have found this family living in Walkertown, Middle Fork, Forsyth County, North Carolina in 1870. 
Clipping from 1870 Census
I have also found this family living in Huntsville, Rockingham County, North Carolina in 1880. I lose everybody in the family until 1920 when I find their son, Charles, living in Providence, Randolph County, North Carolina. I have also found their son, William, living in Guilford County, North Carolina. But Sarah, Elizabeth, and Nancy are still mysteries to me.

This family definitely requires quite a bit of work, but I hope to keep digging into them to find more about them and where they originated. (I don't even know where they are buried.) The only clue I have was found in the 1880 census for Edmond. It states that Edmond's father may have been born in Virginia and his mother may have been born in North Carolina. Here's to open genealogical doors!

Sources:
  • 1870 Walkertown, Middle Fork, Forsyth County, North Carolina U.S. Federal Census (accessed on Ancestry)
  • 1880 Huntsville, Rockingham County, North Carolina U.S. Federal Census (accessed on Ancestry)
  • 1920 Providence, Randolph County, North Carolina U.S. Federal Census (accessed on Ancestry)
  • Guilford County Marriage Records (accessed on Ancestry)

No comments:

Post a Comment